Getting that wedding invitation from friends or family is fantastic but that does mean having to think about what to wear. Since black and white are off the colour chart, bright, bold and cheerful colours are the way to go. As most weddings are in the summertime it does make it easier as far as our outfits are concerned.
So, the question is what do we wear as a wedding guest?
- Give yourself plenty of time to plan and purchase your outfit. Leaving it until the last minute could lead to you feeling uncomfortable and purchasing something you wouldn’t normally buy. Plan your outfit and think about other occasions you may have been invited to for example a garden party, a day at the races or any other celebration.
- Think about what you feel like yourself in and what you feel confident in. Do not change your own style just because it’s a wedding.
- There is so much to choose from whether it is big florals, stripes or tribal prints. So don’t hold back it is a celebration after all.
- The advice is to keep the rest of your ensemble simple and not fussy. For example if you choose a maxi dress accessorise it with a pair of strappy low heel sandals and keep your jewellery small.
- If your outfit is simple for example a plain block colour jazz it up with chunky jewellery or a show stopping pair of shoes.
- Think about the fabric of your outfit. Choose light and breezy fabrics such as silk, chiffon and cotton. These are the most popular choices as these make sure you do not overheat.
- For chilly evening add a splash of colour with a lightweight shawl, pashmina or cardi